Through 1/15/20116, you can get a $40 rebate when you buy this Celestron Granite binocular.
We'll include a rebate form with your binocular. Simply fill it out and send it to Celestron, along with a copy of your invoice and the UPC code from the binocular carton, and Celestron will send you a prepaid $40 Visa card. That's all it takes for you to save $40.
This Celestron 7 x 33mm Granite ED is a durable wide angle binocular sized and shaped to fit comfortably in small hands. Despite its compact 5.5” x 4.9” dimensions, however, it is still a good fit for a birder with larger hands. And the exceptional color fidelity and sharpness of its ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass, full multicoatings, and dielectric phase-correcting prism coatings makes it optically good enough to make all birders happy.
The Celestron 7x33mm Granite is a great travel binocular, small enough to fit in any suitcase or automobile glove compartment, as well as into most coat pockets. Surprisingly bright for its aperture, it has a close focus of only 6.5’ that makes it excellent for close-in birding and butterflies in shadowed wooded areas.
The use of ED glass for superior color reproduction and the elimination of chromatic aberrations (spurious color) is common in high end spotting scopes and binoculars, but rare in binoculars in this reasonable price range.
Like all the Celestron Granite binoculars, the 7 x 33mm Granite is totally waterproof and fogproof. It gives you excellent resolution, very low distortion and astigmatism, essentially zero chromatic aberration, and a wide and flat field that is sharp and in focus from edge to edge.
If you need a reasonably small and light binocular for close-in birding, but one with more optical performance than its size and price would suggest, look no further than this Celestron 7 x 33mm Granite ED.
Features of this binocular . . .
• Roof prism optics. Lightweight open bridge H-body roof prism design with internal center focus. High quality BaK-4 prisms for unrestricted light transmission.
• ED glass. ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass is used in the objective lenses to deliver excellent edge-to-edge sharpness and color correction, while essentially eliminating chromatic aberration for crisp images that are free from unnatural color fringing. The eco-friendly glasses used throughout this Celestron Granite binocular are lead and arsenic free.
• Broadband multicoated optics. Fully multicoated on all air to glass optical surfaces with multiple layers of ion-deposited broadband antireflection materials for high light transmission and contrast. The 7 x 33mm Granite is surprisingly bright for its 33mm objective lens size, even in twilight or low light situations.
• Phase-coated high transmission prisms. The image-erecting roof prisms are made of high quality BaK-4 glass. The premium grade prisms allow for sharp images, while high transmission multicoatings increase the light throughput to provide the brightest possible images. In addition, special phase-correcting dielectric multicoatings are applied to the roof prisms for peak contrast, color fidelity, and resolution. The resulting improvement is easily seen when looking for color and detail in the shadowed areas of a silhouetted or backlit bird.
• Open bridge magnesium alloy body. The open bridge body design allows the fingers of your hands to wrap naturally around the binocular body for a secure grip in all weather conditions, even when using a single-hand grip. The body is made of magnesium alloy, which is both lighter than aluminum and more rugged to absorb accidental abuse without flinching.
• Waterproof and fogproof. Dry nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and fogproof in all temperature and climate extremes. Designed to operate reliably in rain forests and deserts alike.
• Armor. Black rubber armor absorbs noise and the bumps and thumps of everyday use and provides a good grip when wet. Thumb recesses and ridges where your fingers naturally fall assure a secure grip.
• Wide field. The field of view is a very wide 9.1° (477’ at 1000 yards), ideal for backyard and close-in birding.
• Close focusing. The large focusing knob moves briskly from an excellent near focus of 6.5’ out to the horizon and beyond. Shallow rubber ribs inset into the metal focus knob make it easy to focus, regardless of the weather and even when wearing gloves. The 6.5’ close focus, combined with the wide 9.1° field, make this Granite an excellent binocular for close-in woodland and backyard feeder birding. Not a binocular for long distance birding across fields or mashland, but a super binocular for neighborhood walks and as a spur-of-the-moment birding bino to keep in the glove compartment of your car.
• Twist-up eyecups and good eye relief. The eyecups (metal for long life, not flimsy plastic) are rubber-rimmed for comfort. They twist up to block ambient light and increase contrast for those who don’t wear glasses. They retract for eyeglass or sunglass use. Click stops provide three distinct eyecup heights to let you match the individual eyecup height to your eyes. Eye relief is specified at 15mm, although it typically measures a mm or two less due to the recessed position of the eye lens (from where the eye relief is typically measured). This provides reasonably unvignetted viewing for sunglass wearers or those who must wear eyeglasses when observing.
• Eyepiece rainguard and lens covers. A rubber eyepiece rainguard is standard equipment to keep eyepieces dry in sudden showers. It can be attached to the binocular neckstrap to hang down out of the way to one side when not in use, without danger of its getting lost. Tethered objective lens covers protect the optics during travel or storage. They flip off the optics and hang down under the binocular tubes to stay out of the way when not in use, but can be removed completely if so desired.
• Rotary diopter correction. A continuously variable rubber-ribbed metal diopter ring on the right eyepiece allows you to match the binocular optics precisely to your individual eyesight for a sharp image.
• Tripod adaptable. For extended no-hands observing, a protective cover on the front bridge unscrews, revealing a 1/4"-20 thread hole for mounting the Celestron 7 x 33mm Granite on an optional photo tripod using an optional tripod adapter #1187. However, at only 21.2 ounces it is unlikely you will need this feature.
• Standard accessories. A wide neoprene-padded neck strap for comfortable all-day use and a water-shedding lightly padded Cordura-style nylon and vinyl carrying case with a wide woven shoulder strap are standard equipment.
• Free binocular harness. An unexpected but welcome no-charge bonus is a binocular harness that permits no-hands carrying of the binocular.