The Celestron LCD Digital Microscope replaces traditional microscope eyepieces with a full-color LCD screen for easy and comfortable magnified viewing that you can share with others. The high resolution 3.5” (88mm) 320 x 240 pixel LCD display has a bright screen that allows for clear viewing of microscopic worlds by individuals and groups alike.
The LCD Digital Microscope also features a built-in 2 megapixel (1600 x 1200 pixel) digital camera for quick and easy snapshots or short videos of specimens. You store the captured photos and video clips in a built-in 128 megabyte flash memory that lets you transfer them to your personal computer via the included USB cable for full-resolution high definition viewing and processing at a later time. For extended viewing sessions, if you start running out of space in the built-in flash memory, you can also expand your storage capacity and store more images and videos on an optional high capacity SD card for later transfer to your computer.
This innovative Celestron LCD Digital Microscope combines advanced professional grade microscope features with advanced imaging capabilities. The Celestron LCD Digital Microscope is an ideal tool for up close and personal examination of everything from stamps, coins, and other common objects to specimen slides of yeasts, molds, cultures, fibers, bacteria, and insects.
The LCD Digital Microscope’s three objective lenses provide 40x, 100x, and 400x optical magnification levels. These combine with a 4x digital zoom to allow you to view objects at up to 1600 times their original size. The LCD Digital Microscope is equipped with top and bottom LED Illumination, brightness controls, and a six position color filter wheel that lets you get a bright and clear view of your specimen in any lighting conditions.
This Microscope’s Specifications . . .
- Optical head: The optical head and stage are fixed in a vertical observing configuration.
- Stage: The mechanical stage measures 88mm (3.5”) by 88mm (3.5”). It has a stage holder clamp and dual directional knobs for positioning the specimen slide under the objective lens. Vernier scales allow you to take note of a specimen’s position in the field so you can return to the same position on the slide at a later time.
- Power supply: The microscope and digital camera are powered by a universal input 100 to 240 volt 50/60 Hz plug-in AC power adapter.
- Illuminator: There are two 6 Volt 6 Watt LED illuminators powered by the AC adapter. One is aimed at the top of the stage at a 45° angle, while the second shines through a condenser and through a hole in the center of the stage from below. They can be used separately or in combination, depending on the subject being viewed. A rotary dial adjusts the illuminator brightness.
- Color filter wheel: Normally most viewing or imaging will be done without filters. However, to bring out different levels of detail, you can experiment with changing the color of the backlighting of the specimen from below the stage, especially for very bright transparent specimens. A six-position rotary color filter wheel containing clear, red, yellow, dark green, light green, and blue filters lets you experiment with changing the backlighting color to see the results.
- Supplied eyepieces: None. The built-in digital camera acts as a 10x eyepiece.
- Supplied objectives: Three achromatic objectives are provided – a 4x, 10x, and 40x.
- Available magnifications: The supplied 10x equivalent digital camera and 4x, 10x, and 40x objectives provide magnifications of 40x, 100x, and 400x. A 4x digital zoom feature in the microscope increases these magnifications to variable ranges of 40x to 160x, 100x to 400x, and 400x to 1600x respectively.
- Nosepiece: Triple rotary objective turret with positive clickstops.
- Focusing: Large single motion focusing knobs are standard.
- Digital camera: A built-in 2 megapixel (1600 x 1200 pixel) CMOS color digital camera takes images through the microscope. The images are stored on a 128 megabyte internal flash memory for transfer at a later time to your computer via a USB cable for high definition viewing on your full-sized computer screen. You can also use an optional larger capacity SD mass storage memory card to store more images or video for transfer to your computer. Whether taking images or not, the magnified view of the specimen is displayed on the microscope’s 3.5” 320 x 240 pixel LCD monitor screen so you can focus and center the specimen under the objective lens for imaging, as well as examine it visually.
- Computer requirements: The digital camera works with the following Microsoft Windows Operating Systems – 98/98SE/2000/ME/XP/Vista. You will also need to have a CD or DVD drive to install the software and an open USB port to plug in the camera.
- Other accessories: This Celestron LCD Digital Microscope comes with a USB cable; an AC adapter; five prepared slides; a dust cover; and a padded carrying case.
We haven't recommended any accessories for this product quite yet... check back soon or call one of our experts (1-405-364-0858).
This product does not have supplied accessories... or supplied accessories have not been assigned.