The Celestron reTrace Lite personal GPS locator is designed to help you retrace your steps in any situation – from finding your way back to your cabin or campsite in the woods to finding your lost car in a megamall parking lot. The reTrace Lite can be used when traveling, cycling, hiking, hunting, boating, fishing, camping, shopping, and more. It packs a lot of features into one small, rugged package and can provide you with a sense of security, knowing you can find your way back to saved locations quickly and easily, no matter how far your travels take you (up to 999 miles from your starting point).
The Cerlestron reTrace Lite contains a digital compass, latitude/longitude display, and GPS coordinate storage of your favorites spots. Simply mark your starting location at a trailhead or your favorite fishing spot and with the push of a button your reTrace Lite will display the saved location coordinates as well as point you in the correct direction to find your way back to that location. As you move in the indicated direction, the distance reading counts down how far you still need to go.
You can mark up to five waypoints on your journey, highlighting personal favorites, attractions, where you left your car or bike, etc. It displays the distance and direction to each waypoint so so can find your way back to them on your return journey.
The reTrace Lite is water resistant, rugged, and includes a soft storage pouch and carabiner clip for easy attachment to a backpack or belt loop. It is powered by two user-supplied AAA batteries and has a highly legible black on white display screen. Its case is finished in green with an orange trim stripe.
Here are just a few examples of the many uses for the reTrace Lite GPS locator:
• Locates and directs you to your favorite camping spot
• Allows you to navigate to your favorite fishing spot at a river or lake
• Finds your hotel, restaurant or other building in an unfamiliar city or location
• Guides you back to the dock or pier when boating
• Reminds you of your favorite birding spot
• Always remembers the location of your favorite tree stand or duck blind for hunting
• Records that favorite meeting place for friends or family
• Helps you find your lost car in a parking lot or stadium
• Tells you where you parked your car or bike when hiking or running
• Helps your children find their way home from play
• And many, many more uses!