This lightweight computerized Coronado DSM mount is designed to hold the Coronado PST (Personal Solar Telescope) and SolarMax 40, 60, and 70 solar telescopes and track the Sun automatically while you observe. You no longer have to manually track the Sun with an altazimuth mount or piggyback your solar scope on your big telescope to enjoy solar observing. The battery-operated Meade DS-Series telescope mount, specially modified for Coronado, is light enough to pick up in one hand and take outside on a moment’s notice for instant solar prominence gratification.
This Coronado DSM altazimuth mount has:
• a lightweight single fork arm with built-in battery-operated dual motor drives
• a full-length adjustable height tripod with accessory tray
• a universal bracket and mounting hardware to hold Coronado PST and SolarMax 40/60/70 solar scopes
• an AutoStar computer hand control
• fast no-guesswork alignment on the Sun
Features of this mount . . .
- Fork mount/drive system: Lightweight Meade DS-Series single fork arm altazimuth design with pre-installed dual DC servo motor drives modified for solar observing with Coronado solar telescopes. A compartment in the drive base accepts eight user-supplied AA batteries for powering the telescope. The large declination knob is easy to grip and tightens in place with ease, making it easier to adjust the scope’s position. A supplied universal mounting bracket and hardware let you install a Coronado PST (Personal Solar Telescope) or SolarMax 40, 60, or now-discontinued SolarMax 70 solar telescope on the mount for effortless solar observing. The SolarMax 90 scope is too large and heavy to use on this mount.
- Adjustable height tripod: The preassembled aluminum tripod is adjustable in height to put the scope’s eyepiece at a comfortable level for observing. A compass with bubble level allows the fast and accurate leveling of the mount and alignment on the North needed for accurate long-term solar tracking. The tripod’s center leg brace holds a convenient accessory tray to keep your eyepieces close at hand. The tray has a built-in holder for the AutoStar computer hand control.
- AutoStar computer control: The supplied AutoStar #497 computer hand control is specially modified for solar observing. Simply level the mount and manually point the scope North using the supplied compass and bubble level. Turn the mount on and use the directional pushbuttons on the AutoStar hand control to slew the scope to the Sun. Once the Sun is centered, using the solar finder built into the PST (optional with the SolarMax scopes), hold down the GoTo key on the AutoStar hand control to sync the mount on the Sun. The DSM will then follow the Sun accurately for as long as you care to observe.
For the solar observer who owns a Coronado solar scope and wants virtually effortless tracking of the Sun and fast set-up for spur-of-the-moment observing, the Coronado DSM mount opens up the daytime skies at an exceptionally modest cost.
We haven't recommended any accessories for this product quite yet... check back soon or call one of our experts (1-405-364-0858).
This product does not have supplied accessories... or supplied accessories have not been assigned.