This Meade AudioStar™
talking computer hand control is a replacement for a lost or damaged Meade hand control from any Meade telescope that uses a standard non-talking 30,000 object database AutoStar
hand control – ETX Premier and later, LXD-55 and LXD-75 scopes, LX-90, etc. Even if you still have your standard hand control, you can replace it with the AudioStar™ to upgrade any of these scopes to the latest AudioStar™ technology.
The AudioStar™ cannot be used to upgrade the smaller #494 hand control used in Meade entry level scopes or the 145,000 object database AutoStar II hand control used in LX-200 scopes.
The AudioStar™ computer provides all of the telescope control functions of your existing AutoStar hand control, but adds unique Astronomer Inside™ digital audio software and a speaker built into the AudioStar™ body that can provide you with more than four hours of fascinating and professionally-recorded audio descriptions of the objects you are observing. With Astronomer Inside™ technology, everyone around your telescope can listen and learn about more than 500 of the celestial objects contained in the AudioStar™ database, including planets, nebulas, star clusters, the Moon, and much more. Astronomer Inside™ puts the experience and astronomical knowledge of a professional astronomer in the palm of your hand.
Included in the AudioStar’s database are all of the following 30,000+ astronomical objects and stars – a range of objects certain to keep even the most active amateur astronomer growing in his or her studies of the skies for years:
- the complete Index Catalog (IC), containing 5,386 galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters of all types;
- the complete New General Catalog (NGC), containing 7,840 galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters of all types
- the complete Messier catalog of 110 Messier (M) objects, the best-known catalog of heavenly showpieces for the amateur astronomer
- the 109 objects of the Caldwell Catalog, a new listing of the best objects for small telescopes that expands the Messier catalog
- 16,800 stars from the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) catalog, including double stars, variable stars, and other stars of special note
- 50 Earth-orbiting satellites, 26 asteroids (including all of the brightest asteroids), 15 periodic comets, and the 8 major planets from Mercury to Pluto.
With a talking AudioStar™ plugged into your Meade scope, the astronomical universe is in the palm of your hand. Never before has such powerful telescope technology been so informative and easy to operate, even by the most casual observer.
We haven't recommended any accessories for this product quite yet... check back soon or call one of our experts (1-405-364-0858).
This product does not have supplied accessories... or supplied accessories have not been assigned.